Photo

Pop up in black box on Computer Screen??

What could this be??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Angel

Angel

• Members
  • 3,094 posts
  • Interests:Family, our Pets, friends, Gardening, Birding, Computer, Church, Civic Organization

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

For the past couple of weeks, there is a pop-up that flashes on my Computer screen shortly after I get on my computer. It happens so very fast that I cannot tell what it is and what the white writing says. It is approximately 3"x5" in size.

My computer other than that is not experiencing any problems and I have done all of my scans; Hitman Pro (purchased version) MSE, Malewarebytes with nothing showing up.

I have read recently that there is something called "ransomware" and hope that this is not the case. Hitman Pro recently offered something to put "Kickstart" on thumbdrive and so far I have not done so. Wanted to come here first to get some advice and suggestions. Sorry that this is is so long, but before I do anything else, I thought that I would aske first and see what you all thought it could be.

Thanks for reading this long winded question and have a great day!!

#2 Daniela

Daniela

TroubleShooter

• Admin
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

I hesitate to give any advise one way or another without taking a look; there may be something running in the background that causes it, and will require a check-up of those processes 'hands-on'.

If you like one of us to do so, let us know, please? :)

#3 Angel

Angel

• Members
  • 3,094 posts
  • Interests:Family, our Pets, friends, Gardening, Birding, Computer, Church, Civic Organization

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Sorry Dany that I did not get back here yesterday to answer you reply. I was not on the Computer very much at all yesterday do to a physical problem. Anyway, I would be more than happy to let you take a peek at what might be causing this pop-up box to appear. Just let me know what is best for you.

Thanks again and Happy New Year for 2013.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users